Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A lot has changed since our last blog...

I had to go back and read my last blog to see where we left off! Looking back at those NICU pictures fills my heart with gratefulness. When I think of the nurses who took such great care of them and all of the mountains each one of them had to climb, my heart is full. A part of me misses them. I grew to love those ladies. Think about it, you leave your babies with them, trusting them completely, hoping they will love on your babies while you're away. I miss their smiling faces and warm hearts. As I sit here listening to the lulling sound of pumping, it makes me miss pumping in the little pump room at the hospital. I'd pump the time away while watching Hope Floats in 20 minute increments. Good thing that's such a good movie. I watched it two times... it was the only one in there! I am such a nostalgic person. I am always so glad to move on to new chapters in life, but my heart always hurts when I have to say goodbye to one I've already read. I guess I really cherish all the chapters in life, even the tough ones. Especially the tough ones, since those are the ones you learn the most from. Our NEW and EXCITING chapter is that the babies came home on May 31!!!!! (hence the lack of blogging lol!) Talk about my heart being full! We went from not being sure when they'd come home... to... bring up their car seats they're going home tomorrow!!! :) I remember sitting in the NICU watching other babies get to go home.  A few private tears were shed feeling happy for them, but also sad that it wasn't us. There was another set of twins that were with Meagan and Cohen. They were still there when we left. My heart hurt knowing that that Mama was probably feeling the same way I did, yearning for their turn to be sent home too. I hope they are growing strong and are enjoying being home too by now.  Here are a few pictures of their last days at Katy Memorial Hermann. Thank you Usha, Shree, Diane, Vicki, Carolyn, Amber and Seri (and all the others) for loving our babies for us and taking such good care of them! We are forever grateful, thank you for a making a tough chapter bearable for us! 

Some of our favorite nurses: 
Diane and Vickie & Usha and Mildred
 Our thank you gift for our wonderful nurses! Thanks for helping with the idea Candace & for the visit!
 A little fun with daddy and loving from momma while we wait for our discharge paperwork. 
 All buckled and ready to go!! Thanks Cheyenne for making our car seat straps, we'll grow into them!
Our last time in the NICU, we'll come back and visit one day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment