Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back to Birth Weight!!!!!!

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post, I've been one busy mama! I am looking forward to Wednesday when I get my driving privileges back and can start doing more things around the house to prepare for their homecoming (which is yet to be determined, probably a few weeks). Still monitoring my blood pressure. I have good news... I have my ankles back! So long kankles and sausage toes!! Enough about me, let's talk babies!

Health Update
Meagan is completely off oxygen and is breathing great on her own and has been since Wednesday!!!!Both babies are now getting 2 bottles a day and are getting weened off of their feeding tubes! They are supposed to be able to finish a bottle within 30 minutes. Meagan did it 11 minutes last night! She has been spitting up a bit but, when I talked to her nurse this evening she hadn't had any spit  up. Cohen seems to be tolerating his feedings too. He has a pretty severe diaper rash that is being treated with  a prescription ointment. Ouch! Both babies are back to their birth weights: Cohen 4lbs 1oz, Meagan 3lbs 11oz!!!!! Both babies need to be able to gain weight, independently feed without tube while showing no strain or saturation of breathing or decrease in pulse. Since they only have a feeding tube and monitors, they get to wear clothes now. :) Here's some pics from the past few days.
(P.S. you can click on the picture to enlarge)


Meagan and Cohen 


 We love Grandma Time!!


Thanks Aunt Cheyenne for bringing Mommy for a late night milk run and snuggle! 


Check out our cool clothes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment