Monday, May 21, 2012

A blessing in disguise...

Well this being a mom stuff just keeps getting better the more I get to interact and do with my sweet little ones! Last night was an amazing experience. I got to breastfeed both babies (not at the same time yet) and I can't explain the feeling of closeness I felt with each one of them. Today I got to breastfeed them both tandem style (both at the same time!) Really neat experience! I guess one "good" thing about them being in the NICU is that I get "training" lol! I am so thankful that they have showed us how to check their temperature and hold their little arm down, how to bottle feed and hold them with your finger under their little chin to help them get a better grip, how to put a clean diaper under the old one before you change it, (this has saved some linens a few times already let me tell ya!), how to make sure they get a good latch, how to swaddle them up like a burrito... all of this in small doses but still I love not feeling clueless and these nurses have really helped ease me into motherhood.

Health Update
We are gaining weight! Yesterday Meagan was 3lbs, 13oz and Cohen was 4lbs. 4oz! Today Meagan was still at 3.13 and Cohen went down to 4.3. Still good though. They are up to 3 bottle feeds and one breastfeed per day. Cohen's little bottom looks a lot better. 

We meet again! And Our First Family of 4 Picture! 
Sweet Sleeping Meagan! 
(She does this a lot)
Daddy Time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment